How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Jo C. Your Own Question
Jo C.
Jo C., Barrister
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 32086
Experience:  Over 5 years in practice
Type Your Law Question Here...
Jo C. is online now

I need to put in an application to put aside a Maidstone

Customer Question

I need to put in an application to put aside a Maidstone county court decision made without proper service (wrong address as they knew) so when I found out about it I had 3 days only and solicitor hadn,t time to put in a defence. I sent Medical cert I,m over 70 and ill requesting matter be vacated and transferred to court near me. The district judge ignored all this and according to enquiries said I had to fill in a transfer request form!! thwas less than 2 days before the hearing and I found out costs £155.How was I to get the form? I know I only have 21 days but there is the Xmas break. surely days when the court is closed do not count? My question is If application is put in by next WED when will cut of f time be? Or if it cannot be put in til after Xmas what dates will Curt set?
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Law
Expert:  Ash replied 2 years ago.
Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you.
What was the decision that was made please?