How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Clare Your Own Question
Clare, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 34885
Experience:  I have been a solicitor in High Street Practice since 1985 with a wide general experience.
Type Your Law Question Here...
Clare is online now

Social services failed to notify police that my son had an

Customer Question

Social services failed to notify police that my son had an indecent photo taken of him and my sons behaviour went out of control and ss took him into care is this a crime?
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Law
Expert:  Clare replied 2 years ago.
HiThank you for your questionMy name is ***** ***** do my best to help you but I need some further information first.How old is your son and when did this happen?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
He was 7yrs at the time in January 2015 . I reported the incident to a social worker attached to the family but they did nothing. Subsequently his behaviour put him in danger and social services took him into foster care.
Expert:  Clare replied 2 years ago.
Has a final Care order been made?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
No not yet but it appears to me that social services reluctance to involve a child psychologist means they have something to hide. Also they are restricting contact and phonecalls. He is a two hour drive away
Expert:  Clare replied 2 years ago.
Who took the photographs
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
The amount of lies they have told in the case file makes out that I am unable to parent him. I want to report their failings to the Police but have social services committed any crime?
Expert:  Clare replied 2 years ago.
I am afraid that they have not committed a crime - but they have certainly been negligent and you should make a formal complaint as soon as possible.Please ask if you need further details
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Thank you
Expert:  Clare replied 2 years ago.
You are welcome - I hope you are already in touch with the Family rights Group -