How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Ash Your Own Question
Ash, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 10916
Experience:  Solicitor with 5+ years experience
Type Your Law Question Here...
Ash is online now

I would like to know if I need to employ a lawyer to represent

This answer was rated:

I would like to know if I need to employ a lawyer to represent me or do I use the duty solicitors as i've admitted in interview to the offence of not stopping at a stop sign.
Charge is: Did drive a mechanically propelled vehicle on a road without due care and attention; contrary to section 3 and 53 of the road traffic act 1985.
Evidence; Whilst driving a motor vehicle on a road, did fail to conform to the indication given by a traffic sign, namely a stop sign, which has been lawfully placed on or near the road; contrary to section 16 and 53 of the road traffic act 1985.
Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you.
Do you have any other offences?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I have no other previous convictions.
What is it you would like to know about this please?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Considering the offence would it be detramental to use the duty solicitor or should I employ a lawyer to represent me. As I have admitted to the police I failed to stop at a stop sign, is there any benefit to be gained from hiring a paid lawyer to get the charge reduced to a warning, rather than points and a fine. Thanks
The chances are it won't be, but you can certainly ask. I would consider getting a solicitor beforehand to make any representations that are required. Then if it goes to court they can either defend or mitigate for you.
But it certainly does no you any harm getting a solicitor,involved. Can I clarify anything for you about this today please?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I have been summoned, what I am trying to clarify is it fiancially worth me employing a lawyer or using the duty solicitor as I'm going to get fine as i've admitted the offence. On the paper work I am also able to not attend and have the coroner in my place. Am I more likely to get a reduced fine using a solicitor I pay for than the free one? I'm not sure what the best course of action is as I have no savings to pay a fine or a solicitor so I would have to put it all on a credit card.
The fine may well be less depending on mitigation advanced. The fact you have admitted it in reality means you are stuffed. But they may able to lessen the points.
Does that help?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Thanks for your help
Good luck!
If this answers your question could I invite you rate my answer before you leave today.
If the system won’t let you please click reply.
Please bookmark my profile if you wish for future help:
Ash and other Law Specialists are ready to help you