How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Harris Your Own Question
Harris, Law Specialist
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 2851
Experience:  Family Law - Specialist in Divorce, Financial Relief and Children Matters
Type Your Law Question Here...
Harris is online now

I currently live with my girlfriend in my house which I

Customer Question

I currently live with my girlfriend in my house which I solely in my name. She has her own property which she currently rents out. The tenancy is not due to expire until August 2016. We split up 2 months ago but she still hasn't moved out the house. Her 17 old son and 19 year old daughter live in the house too. Do I have any rights to get her to move out?
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Law
Expert:  Harris replied 2 years ago.
Hi, thank you for your question.
As you were cohabiting and the property is in your sole name she does not have automatic rights and you can "evict" her and her children by giving them reasonable notice. I would suggest that this notice is provided to her in writing. You do not need to go to court to do this.
Please rate positively if you found this helpful.