How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Clare Your Own Question
Clare, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 34886
Experience:  I have been a solicitor in High Street Practice since 1985 with a wide general experience.
Type Your Law Question Here...
Clare is online now

I have enduring power of attorney mum's affairs and

Customer Question

I have enduring power of attorney for my mum's affairs and have hurt sold her house. What can I do with the money?
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Law
Expert:  Clare replied 2 years ago.
HiThank you for your questionMy name is ***** ***** do my best to help you but I need some further information firstI am not sure I understand your question - what would you like to know?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
My mum is in a care home and is funding this out of her pensions. The proceeds from the sale are not needed for her care costs and I want to know if the money could be gifted to members of her family I.e. Grandchildren?
Expert:  Clare replied 2 years ago.
No i am afraid that is not possible.
As her attorney you can only deal with the money in ways that benefit your mother - do giving the money to her grandchildren - other than as usual birthday and christmas gifts is not possible.
Please ask if you need further details