How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Harris Your Own Question
Harris, Law Specialist
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 2851
Experience:  Family Law - Specialist in Divorce, Financial Relief and Children Matters
Type Your Law Question Here...
Harris is online now

I am letting a property at the moment but would like to sell

Customer Question

I am letting a property at the moment but would like to sell it. Can I legally ask my client to leave before the sale takes place.
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Law
Expert:  Harris replied 2 years ago.
Hi, thanks for your question.
If it is an assured shorthold tenancy you will need to go through the formal eviction process - by giving them notice to quit (Section 21 Notice) which is a minimum 2 months' notice to vacate and submit an application to court for an accelerated possession procedure which can be done online here :
The court proceedings will commence once the 2 months notice has expired but you can submit the application once the tenants have been served with the notice.
Please let me know if you have any further questions regarding this.
Expert:  Harris replied 2 years ago.
Hi, this question remains open. If you found my information provided helpful please could you rate my response positively so that the question can be closed.