How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Harris Your Own Question
Harris, Law Specialist
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 2851
Experience:  Family Law - Specialist in Divorce, Financial Relief and Children Matters
Type Your Law Question Here...
Harris is online now

Thanks i am a doctor, going through divorce my family recorded me during some disputes

This answer was rated:

i am a doctor, going through divorce
my family recorded me during some disputes on family affairs and then has ent these to the doctors regulatory body (GMC) alleging mental instability!!
in any case there is now an investigation by the GMC. As i did not know or give consent how admissible can this evidence be?
Hi, thanks for your question.
This will be considered hearsay evidence and as part of any disciplinary proceedings you will be able to request the family members to attend the hearings to be cross-examined. However, if they are alleging mental instability then an independent mental health assessment will hold more weight than hearsay evidence.
Please let me know if you have any further questions regarding this.
Hi, this question remains open. If you found my information provided helpful please could you rate my response positively so that the question can be closed.
Harris and 2 other Law Specialists are ready to help you