How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Clare Your Own Question
Clare, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 35050
Experience:  I have been a solicitor in High Street Practice since 1985 with a wide general experience.
Type Your Law Question Here...
Clare is online now

My daughters ex partner owns a private company.With dividends

This answer was rated:

my daughters ex partner owns a private company.With dividends and salary he yearly makes at least £40,000 but for tax purposes he only declares £8,000.The cms have made me an award of approx. £70 per month for 2 young children.What can she do and how much should she get?
HiThank you for your questionMy name is ***** ***** I shall do my best to help you.For reasons which remain a mystery the CMS do not take account of dividends in the first assessment.However if your daughter appeals the assessment and ask for it to be reassessed she should get the 16% of his gross income that she is entitled toPlease ask if you need further detailsClare
Clare and other Law Specialists are ready to help you