How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Ash Your Own Question
Ash, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 10916
Experience:  Solicitor with 5+ years experience
Type Your Law Question Here...
Ash is online now

I run a small building firm in Woking, Surrey. We are currently

This answer was rated:

I run a small building firm in Woking, Surrey. We are currently building an extension that has taken 2 years to gain planning permission. We started pre-construction in July and the neighbour was approached regarding access in order to put up a scaffolding as required under heath and safety law. He has point blank refused our request and many letters have been sent between the neighbours. Certain surveyors and scaffolders have told me that it is within our rights to put up the scaffold, and we may be able to put up a suspended gantry type that will still overhang his boundary but not sit on his boundary. One surveyor has cited the Access to Neighbouring Land Act can be used a he has had plenty of warning and involvement with the planning. Is there anything we can do to force his hand? Would it be possible to threaten to sue the neighbour under the potential loss of earnings? something like £1000 per week?
Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you.
Just to be clear this is a new build as opposed to maintenance of an existing structure?
Ash and other Law Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
It is a new extension, so I think that would be a new build?
Yes I will call you.