How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Ash Your Own Question
Ash, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 10916
Experience:  Solicitor with 5+ years experience
Type Your Law Question Here...
Ash is online now

My sons passport has been lost by the child benefit office,

Customer Question

My sons passport has been lost by the child benefit office, they say it's in the post somewhere, we all travel to France on Christmas Eve, he has an appointment with the passport office on Wednesday, will they be able to give him some sort of emergency travel document, if so what does he need to take ?
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Law
Expert:  Ash replied 2 years ago.
Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you.
Yes they can issue him with another one. He needs to take birth certificate etc and letter from the Child Benefit Office saying they have lost it. It will also need to be reported to the Police.
If he knows his previous passport number he should take that too.
Can I clarify anything for you about this today please?
Expert:  Ash replied 2 years ago.
If this answers your question could I invite you rate my answer before you leave today.
If the system won’t let you please click reply.
Please bookmark my profile if you wish for future help: