How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Jo C. Your Own Question
Jo C.
Jo C., Barrister
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 32086
Experience:  Over 5 years in practice
Type Your Law Question Here...
Jo C. is online now

I am registering on behalf of my mother Deputy Court of Protection

Customer Question

I am registering on behalf of my mother Deputy Court of Protection for her financialvaffairs. Father & Mother joint ownership of matrimonial home (18% Father / 82% Mother) - after divorce (over 22yrs ago) FAther request to sell it now. My sister still resides from time to time there but not permant. Do I proceed with father's request to sell property regardless? I am looking into mortage options to buy out my father's % as an alternative option.
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Law
Expert:  Nicola-mod replied 2 years ago.
I've been working hard to find a Professional to assist you with your question, but sometimes finding the right Professional can take a little longer than expected.
I wonder whether you're ok with continuing to wait for an answer. If you are, please let me know and I will continue my search. If not, feel free to let me know and I will cancel this question for you.
Thank you!
Expert:  Clare replied 2 years ago.
Thank you for your question.
My name is Clare
I will do my best to help you but I need some further information first.
Was there a Court Order setting out in what circumstances the house had to be sold?