How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Jo C. Your Own Question
Jo C.
Jo C., Barrister
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 32086
Experience:  Over 5 years in practice
Type Your Law Question Here...
Jo C. is online now

ESA - Between the ages of 19yrs to 30 was full employed in travel

Customer Question

Between the ages of 19yrs to 30 was full employed in travel industry and as a pub manager for large brewery..At 30 went to uni but due to sever illness had to drop out and have been on ESa since. I have been told that there are two types of ESA- income based and contribution based.I am currently on income based but my financial situation has changed. I have been told that you can change the type of esa depending upon your previous work contributions. I think i need to change over because I have just received a notification of inheritance exceeding £60k. I certainly wont be eligable for ni based. I am concerned because 1) i have to accept the money but 2) this amount would make me worse off financialy. Do you have any thoughts on how best to proceed. Loosing Esa would put me in a major bad situaion for housing and general living. I was diagnosed with lupus in 2008 but from age 19 had epilepsy,this not under control thanks to doctors.
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Law
Expert:  Nicola-mod replied 2 years ago.
I've been working hard to find a Professional to assist you with your question, but sometimes finding the right Professional can take a little longer than expected.
I wonder whether you're ok with continuing to wait for an answer. If you are, please let me know and I will continue my search. If not, feel free to let me know and I will cancel this question for you.
Thank you!
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
N that is fine and I was offered a second question for free is that stiill being looked into
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Yes still waiting , both of these questions are urgent and require answers. If you cannot do that within 12hrs from 27th Dec then your service has failed me again. If no satisfactory answers then I will require a refund
Expert:  Jo C. replied 2 years ago.
Thank you for your question. My name is ***** ***** I will try to help with this.
Sorry for the delay.
Are you if you should transfer over?
Also, I notice you haven't yet rated my colleague's answer here
so I would be grateful if you could do that now.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Firstly, strange answer to my esa query.Have you bothered to read the question? I have to declare that I am about to recieve this money. But it will cause all sorts of problems. I will loose esa ,housing benefit and medical assistance.The inhertance nice gesture but based on my current finances it would only pay my rent for 4 years.i would then have to reapply for esa and i'm not sure if you are allowed to do that.What will I do then at 60yrs? My original question was,can I change to contribution based as I have worked for long periods of my adult life? This is why i have paid for this service, to get legal help!!
The answe to whether I rated your colleague is yes,why is that relevant?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Let me further clarify. I was diagnosed with epilepsy at 19. In 2007 consultants told me my long term medical condition is lupus and hence I am on indefinite long term medical leave of work. Lupus affects one's daily life. One day can be fine another not.
Expert:  Jo C. replied 2 years ago.
I will opt out for you.