How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Clare Your Own Question
Clare, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 34896
Experience:  I have been a solicitor in High Street Practice since 1985 with a wide general experience.
Type Your Law Question Here...
Clare is online now

I am a Pakistani National and recently I visited

Customer Question

I am a Pakistani National and recently I visited Pakistan to attend my brother's marriage. My Ex-Wife's brother, who is a British National but Pakistani Origin and currently living in Pakistan, got me kidnapped through local Police officials in order to threaten me and pressurise me to take back my divorce documents. I was threatened on Gun point by several police officials over there. I have already lodged a case against all those and now waiting for the justice. My Ex-wife has already accepted the divorce but her brother clearly said that he wants to ruin my life and my career. I want to complaint against him to the UK government as he is disgracing The United Kingdom's name as well as reputation. He had said on several occasions that no one has power to touch him because he has British Nationality and he has very strong political contacts in Pakistan.
I need HELP on urgent basis. Please advise.
S. S. R. (I cannot write my full name due to some reasons)
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Law
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I reside in Saudi Arabia and her brother has detained my passport and other legal documents by force through those police officials. He has threatened to kill me and my family. He says that he has contacts all over the world and he can get me harmed or killed any where in the world. I really need help from the British Government to control this person.
Expert:  Clare replied 2 years ago.
HiThank you for your question.Sadly since you are not a British National and the offences occurred in Pakistan there is nothing that the UK can do to assist youThere are many like your former brother in law who disgrace the passport that they ho;d - but sadly unless the Uk has Jurisdiction there is nothing that can be doneClare