How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Ash Your Own Question
Ash, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 10916
Experience:  Solicitor with 5+ years experience
Type Your Law Question Here...
Ash is online now

People in Maryland and California have been publishing my private

Customer Question

People in Maryland and California have been publishing my private correspondence, identity and contact details, in online forums, Youtube, Twitter, and Facebook. They are using screen shots that were released via a hacker, as a basis to tell lies about me and to destroy my online reputation. I would like to know if I can do anything about this legally.
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Law
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
If there's legal action I can take, what is it and approximately what will it cost.
Expert:  Ash replied 2 years ago.
Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you.
You can but you would need to sue in California and not the UK as any Judgment here cant be enforced over there.
As such you can take legal action but the cost would be around $10,000 (£6500).
I am sorry if this is not the answer you want and certainly not the one I want to give you, but I have a duty to be honest.
Can I clarify anything for you about this today please?
Expert:  Ash replied 2 years ago.
If this answers your question could I invite you rate my answer before you leave today.
If the system won’t let you please click reply.
Please bookmark my profile if you wish for future help: