How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Clare Your Own Question
Clare, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 35069
Experience:  I have been a solicitor in High Street Practice since 1985 with a wide general experience.
Type Your Law Question Here...
Clare is online now

Good morning . I have a friend that has I cared years

Customer Question

Good morning . I have a friend that has I cared for 4 years and been with our friend for 2 . She isn't close to her brother who hasn't visited her in a decade and doesn't trust him . He has started coming to the care home she is in but only on the intentions of getting power of attorney over her. She doesn't want him visiting her and wants me to look after her financial affairs , keys to her home , her paperwork and property. She has no other relatives that are close to her and have never bothered to visit her while she lived at home with her husband.
What I want to know is if she or I can write a letter stating who she wants to have power of attorney over her affairs as stated above until it is legalised in her Will.
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Law
Expert:  Clare replied 2 years ago.
HiThank you for your questionMy name is ***** ***** I shall do my bets to help youIf your friend wishes you to deal with her finances then she needs to instruct a solicitor to draw up a Lasting Power of Attorney - the letter will not assist I am afraidClare