How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Alice H Your Own Question
Alice H
Alice H, Solicitor/Partner
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 2850
Experience:  Partner in national law firm
Type Your Law Question Here...
Alice H is online now

With regards ***** ***** court judgements: I have a request,

This answer was rated:

With regards ***** ***** court judgements:
I have a request, via a county court claim, to pay money to a private parking company for a series of parking tickets.
If I dispute this claim and appeal, and then subsequently my appeal is rejected, will this count as a county court judgement against me? and will this go on my credit report file even if i pay in good time after the court decision?
My name is ***** ***** I am happy to help you today. If you dispute the claim and lose (and lose an appeal) the court will enter judgment against you. However, so long as you settle the judgment in full within 28 days of the order being made, it will not be entered on your credit file and the judgment will be cancelled. Payments after 28 days of the judgment will be entered in the credit file but marked 'satisified'.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Thanks that was very helpful. Just to clarify, disputing a claim and losing will not in any way affect my credit file as long as I pay the court within 28 days. Is this automatic or do i have to apply to reverse an entry? will there be any record of this judgement on any register? will a mortgage company be able to access this ?
Correct. You must settle the judgment in full within 28 days of the order being made. You should then obtain a certificate of satisfaction from the claimant and lodge it with the court who on receipt will cancel the judgment and it will not appear on any credit check whatsoever. There is no time limit for lodging the certificate of satisfaction but it should be done as soon as possible - the key is to make sure the judgment is paid in full within 28 days. Once you have done this the judgment will not appear on any register and will not be seen by the mortgage company either.
Alice H and other Law Specialists are ready to help you