How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Ash Your Own Question
Ash, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 10916
Experience:  Solicitor with 5+ years experience
Type Your Law Question Here...
Ash is online now

I am a transporter of dogs between Southern Ireland and U.K.

This answer was rated:

I am a transporter of dogs between Southern Ireland and U.K. and also from Ireland to Europe. My business has been established for nearly 33 years. I am also fully licensed and have vehicle approval for my work.
One year ago it was decided between government bodies Ireland/UK that the situations with regard to free movement between the countries was to change. i.e. Pet passports must be used. after people accepted this change it was stated that movements from Ireland to the UK had to be documented using the 'Traces System'.
Since then my business between these countries has dropped off because of the lack of checks when travelling from Southern Ireland to UK. There are now more transporters on the road operating without completing the documentation and without proper vehicles for the work. No-one seems to want to enforce the regulations. When any new regulations are put in to operation it is only against the people trying to do the job correctly and not to enforce these new 'rules'.
My main question is, 'Do I keep doing this legally or join the cowboys'. If legally, my business between Southern Ireland and UK will collapse totally!.
I would love to discuss this matter fully but no one wants to know.
Ian Waterworth
Greyhound Transport
07831 523369 ***@******.***
Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you.
So the government should be enforcing the rules but they are not - is that correct?
Ash and other Law Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Answer to your question:-
That is correct. I have spoken to DEFRA and AHPA and they know about it, but do nothing about it.
Do you have a number we can speak on?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
My home number is:-
01706 846437
07831 523369 (cell)
Ok. I will call shortly