How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Ash Your Own Question
Ash, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 10916
Experience:  Solicitor with 5+ years experience
Type Your Law Question Here...
Ash is online now

I have had a unvented water cylinder installed. 12 months

This answer was rated:

i have had a unvented water cylinder installed.
12 months ago since then we have had problems with it, we had 3 plumbers come out and instructed us to have it reinstalled as it was not safe.
it was not registered with the building control we had it reinstalled by a gas safe installer and labelled 11 faults with the previous system.
we have contacted the installer and he says it was fine
i want to know if it is a criminal offence to install these systems if you are not qualified or contacted the building controll
Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you.
Was it a requirement to be registered with building control please?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Yes it is a requirement to register with the building control
Yes it is an offence to install etc whilst not qualified.
Can I clarify anything for you about this today please?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
So what do i do
You should report it to Gas Safe and the Local Council. They can deal with this for you and consider a prosecution.
Does that help?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
I have reported to building control but as yet not got firm answers to what they are doingThey came out as the new plumber was reinstalling it
I have sent a report from the plumber outlining how dangerous it wasAnd they have said they have spoke to trading standardsBut as yet not received a reply.I have raised a small claims in respect of extra money we have had to pay.He responded accepting a quarter of the charges saying he will only pay for what it has cost himI have refused and want the total cost for what it has cost us including replacement
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
If it is a offence
Do i contact the police
No. It would be the Council or Gas Safe who would prosecute. The Police wouldnt prosecute this type of offence.
Does that clarify?
Ash and other Law Specialists are ready to help you