12826847

I was found not guilty of abuse in 1990. The person

I was found not guilty of sexual abuse in 1990. The person involved is saying she is getting the police to take me back to court. Can she do this.
No, she can't.
She can't reopen this allegation. It has been considered and nobody believed her.
The only way she can waste more public money on her attention seeking is to make a fresh allegation of some other form of abuse. She may do that. These people do tend to be serial accusers.
Try to have nothing to do with accusers. They are nothing but trouble.
If she keeps making allegations against you then you can sue her for harassment which will make her wake up fast enough.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Is that for definate because I lost everything when it happened.
She cannot revive an allegation if you have been tried and acquitted.
Why are you still involved with her?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Ive not seen her for over 20 years..This is English law and not American.
Yes, of course.
So has she contacted you?
Just once? If more than once and you are not responding then report her to the police for harassment. They will give her a harassment warning which will make her wake up.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
She has been sending messages to my daughter and sister inlaw.
Are they responding?
If not, harassment is the way to go. Law applies to attention seeking accusers as much as to their victims.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
My sister inlaw is responding and causing trouble between my family but she doesnt like me anyway.
Well, that isn't helpful of her.
She will live to regret getting involved with this accuser though.
The trouble with accusers is that you never know when they will turn on you as Simon Danczuk is finding out to his cost. His problem is that he loves a victim and unfortunately victims turn on you in the end.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Thankyou Jo all the best. Clive.
No problem and all the best.
Remember that I am always available to help with your questions. Even if I am in Court I will usually pick up a question within 12 hours. For future information, please start your question with ‘For Jo C’. You can also bookmark my profile http://www.justanswer.co.uk/law/expert-remus2004/