How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Ben Jones Your Own Question
Ben Jones
Ben Jones, UK Lawyer
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 50161
Experience:  Qualified Solicitor
Type Your Law Question Here...
Ben Jones is online now

I slipped on spilled produce in Tesco and was hurt and am wondering

This answer was rated:

I slipped on spilled produce in Tesco and was hurt and am wondering how to start my complaint - should I write in the first instance
Hello what injuries did you suffer as a result?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Soft tissue damage to left knee, which I landed on. Felt a pull/twinge in my back as I did the splits - as I was informed. This was recorded at the time. Subsequently left wrist and forearm aches with use. Upper left leg aches with use
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I also have photographs and a willing witness
Hello, I am sorry I could not reply sooner, I had some connection issues which prevented me from accessing the site earlier. There are a couple of ways to go about this. Initially you could try and pursue it directly with the store. They are aware of it but you may wish to consider writing to them and raising a formal complaint. They should take the matter seriously and they should issue an apology and I would hope they also offer some form of compensation, be it financial or some other benefits like store vouchers. However, at this stage this is entirely down to their discretion so you cannot expect or force them to issue an apology or compensation.
If the matter is not resolved to your satisfaction via this method, you can consider making a formal claim for personal injury against them. You have 3 years from the date of accident to submit the claim so there is no immediate rush to do so. However, if you feel like you have no other option then you have this as a route you could pursue. You do not need a solicitor to make the claim, although it may help if you did. There are plenty of no win no fee personal injury lawyers out there so it should not be difficult to find someone who is willing to represent you.
I hope this has answered your query. I would be grateful if you could please take a second to leave a positive rating (3, 4 or 5 stars) as that is an important part of our process and recognises the time I have spent assisting you. If you need me to clarify anything before you go - please get back to me on here and I will assist further as best as I can. Thank you
Ben Jones and other Law Specialists are ready to help you