How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask UKSolicitorJA Your Own Question
UKSolicitorJA, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 4312
Experience:  English solicitor with over 12 years experience
Type Your Law Question Here...
UKSolicitorJA is online now

I am a 52 year old guy born and worked in the uk all my life.

This answer was rated:

I am a 52 year old guy born and worked in the uk all my life. My parents originate from Pakistan. A friend of my father wants his 16 year old son to visit the uk for a two to three week holiday. I have Funds in my account in excess of £50k and substantial assets in property which I an happy to use as security. The young lad is however a non blood relative just a friend of the family. Will i be able to sponsor his stay. Or am I wasting my time?
Yes, you may sponsor the applicant by providing a letter saying how you know the person and that they intend to visit the UK for 2-3 weeks and that you will support them during they stay here. You will need to provide a copy of your passport, recent utility bill and bank statements showing that you have the means to support the person as well as yourself and any dependants.
Hope this helps
UKSolicitorJA and other Law Specialists are ready to help you