How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Alice H Your Own Question
Alice H
Alice H, Solicitor/Partner
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 2850
Experience:  Partner in national law firm
Type Your Law Question Here...
Alice H is online now

Good evening, My tenant has just messaged me to say the oven

This answer was rated:

Good evening,
My tenant has just messaged me to say the oven in my property has "blown up", and is not working. Is it my responsibility to replace it?
It is intergarated.
She is threatening action against me if I dont replace it
Good evening. Who supplied the appliance?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I did. It was there when she moved in. She was going to bring her own, but the kitchen is integrated
It is the landlords responsibility to keep gas and electrical appliances in good working order and safe; so if the oven, which you supplied, has indeed broken then you would normally be responsible for repair or replacement unless the tenancy agreement says otherwise.
Can I assist any further? I am only paid for my work on this question if you rate my answer, using the star system at the top of the screen. Please do not forget! Thank you
Alice H and other Law Specialists are ready to help you