How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Jenny Your Own Question
Jenny, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 6466
Experience:  Qualified Solicitor specialising in Employment Law and general legal matters. Please start your question For Jenny Only
Type Your Law Question Here...
Jenny is online now

A year ago I visited a modelling agency. On payment of a fee

This answer was rated:

A year ago I visited a modelling agency. On payment of a fee the modelling agency produced a portfolio. The purpose of the portfolio - a set of photo for my own use. The photos are now available to view on the the modelling agency website- I didnot give my permission. I want the photo removed from the website. Please can you advise
Hello my name is ***** ***** I am happy to help you today. If you have not given permission for the photographs to be available on the website then you can ask for them to be removed from the website. You can cite the Data Protection Act and state that the use of your image amounts to a breach of your Data Protection Rights and inform them that you will contact the Information Commissioner to report this if they do not promptly remove the images. You should note that there is actually no law in the UK that specifically requires photographer's to obtain consent so they may well contest this proposition. Ultimately if they will not remove the image you may need to report the issue to the ICO. If you have any further questions please do ask.
Hello is there anything further you would like to know about this? If not and I have answered your question I would be grateful if you would take the time to rate my answer as I am not otherwise paid for the time I have spent answering your question. Thank you and all the best and do come back to me in the future if you need to.
Jenny and other Law Specialists are ready to help you