How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Ash Your Own Question
Ash, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 10916
Experience:  Solicitor with 5+ years experience
Type Your Law Question Here...
Ash is online now

I want the case transcript and documents from a civil case

This answer was rated:

I want the case transcript and documents from a civil case in Kenya in 1950
- would you be able to access the law report?
I have the civil case number ***** 1950
Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you.
Do you mean Judgment for the case or actual transcript?
What is the case name and citation and I will take a look.
Ash and other Law Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
it is an adoption case the child name is ***** *****
it was civil case 18 of*****of Kenya - Kisumu district registry
my name is ***** ***** tel no. is ***********
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Hi Alex,
errata - child name is ***** ***** (not kumara)
judge C P Connell agreed to the adoption
I want to see the court papers & petitions & allegations please
this means a lot to me,..
await your call (07976050910)
If its an adoption case then generally it wont be available. This is because family proceedings are private. It is only where a point of law comes up which is important would there be Judgment handed down.
However you wont be able to see the papers even if it was a reported decision. you would ONLY get Judgment.
So you wouldnt see Court papers, petitions or allegations. Only the Court Judgment (decision).
And by now the papers would have been destroyed. In the UK files are only kept for 12 months.
I have looked on the legal resources I have and can't see it. But I will keep looking.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
yes - I already knew that family proceedings are private
that is why i specifically requested seeing the court papers, petitions or allegations
i wanted to see them
No, you wouldnt be entitled to them. They can only be disclosed to parties of the proceedings.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
i am Sorry to say that you haven't delivered & must request a full refund
If I could invite you to contact customer services for that please.