How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Jo C. Your Own Question
Jo C.
Jo C., Barrister
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 32086
Experience:  Over 5 years in practice
Type Your Law Question Here...
Jo C. is online now

I have just had my 74th Birthday and so far so good ! I am

Customer Question

I have just had my 74th Birthday and so far so good ! I am a widow and own my own house. I have a will and the house is to be divided between my 3 children on my death. I am now wondering, in the event I eventually have to go into a Nursing Home, is there any way i can safeguard my home against it being sold for my keep etc ? I am wondering if I can give my home to one or more of my children at this point, this would not cause any problem in later years as they have a good relationship
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Law
Expert:  Clare replied 2 years ago.
Thank you for your question.
My name is Clare
I will do my best to help you but I need some further information first.
May I ask when your late husband died?