Can you please advise me on an issue which is subject

Hello, can you please advise me on an issue which is subject to a pending crown court hearing.
Q. Can a solicitor hand over hard evidence they received from the police onto their client (who happens to be the defendant) for example a photograph of an alleged weapon allegedly photographed at the scene of the offence?
I am a witness in this issue where my daughter was seriously beaten up
E Palmer Farnborough, Hampshire

Thank you for your question. My name is ***** ***** I will try to help with this. What are your specific concerns about this?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I am concerned that the suspect is fabricating or making up evidence in this case. I just do not believe that a weapon existed in the attack ( my daughter maintains she did not have any such weapon prior to the assault) the police have said nothing regarding any weapon and have not informed her of any photo. I just need clarification that a solicitor would hand over actual photos to a suspect.
Well, that might be right. Complainants do quite often lie and so do suspects. On your specific question, yes a solicitor can hand over photography. They would never hand the original copy to the defence at all. But photographs of anything relied upon would certainly be handed over. I wouldn't get involved in this if I were you. If you are a witness then all you need to do is attend court and tell the truth within your knowledge. You don't need to worry about anything else. Can I clarify anything for you? Jo
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Thank you very much for your assistance Jo,I will certainly follow your advice.Many thanks.Kind regardsEddie
No problem and all the best. Please remember to rate my answer. Remember that I am always available to help with your questions. Even if I am in Court I will usually pick up a question within 12 hours. For future information, please start your question with ‘For Jomo1972’.