How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Clare Your Own Question
Clare, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 35054
Experience:  I have been a solicitor in High Street Practice since 1985 with a wide general experience.
Type Your Law Question Here...
Clare is online now

I have been asked to get ILA relating to a mortgage application

This answer was rated:

i have been asked to get ILA relating to a mortgage application with my partner. Can this be done and certified by a solicitor online
HiThank you for your questionMy name is ***** ***** do my best to help you but I need some further information first.What exactly have you been asked to do?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I have been asked to seek independent legal advice in relation to a joint mortgage application. My partner owns the property outright and in order to finish some home improvements we want to take a small mortgage against the property. As my name is ***** ***** the deeds and we wish it to remain that way Barclay's Bank require me to have ILA and my signature witnessed by a solicitor. I was wondering if this could be done on-line, due to speed.
I am afraid that this is NOT something that can be dealt with online - the requirement is a face to face meeting
please ask if you need further details
Clare and other Law Specialists are ready to help you