How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Ash Your Own Question
Ash, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 10916
Experience:  Solicitor with 5+ years experience
Type Your Law Question Here...
Ash is online now

I'm due to go to magistrates court

This answer was rated:

Hi I'm due to go to magistrates court for benefit overpayment I have since paid it in full and now the cps have written to the DWP to take this into consideration to settle out of court do you think this will be settled out of court as I have made full payment . Thanks
Hi and thanks for asking for me.
Yes this is taken into account and this is very weighty mitigation. The DWP have no loss now, so it really gives you credit.
Can I clarify anything for you about this today please?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
So you think maybe cps writing to DWP they might consider to settle out of court .
They might, its a chance.
Does that help?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Also the fact I'm seeing a bereavement councillor as I have lost my father and cannot cope with stress.
That is not really mitigation - the key point is you have paid it back.
Does that clarify?
Ash and other Law Specialists are ready to help you