How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Harris Your Own Question
Harris, Law Specialist
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 2851
Experience:  Family Law - Specialist in Divorce, Financial Relief and Children Matters
Type Your Law Question Here...
Harris is online now

I have separated from my husband. I have moved out of the

Customer Question

I have separated from my husband. I have moved out of the matrimonial home and am renting with my teenage son. My husband does not work and wishes to claim housing benefit. He cannot do this at the moment because the mortgage and lease are in joint names. He has signed a Deed of Variation to transfer the lease to myself and to transfer his interest in the matrimonial home to me.
Does the Deed need to be sent to my mortgage company for signature through a solicitor? What happens after it has been signed? Do I send to the Land Registry so it can be registered?
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Law
Expert:  Harris replied 2 years ago.
Hi, thanks for your question.
Is the mortgage being transferred to your sole name as well?
Once the deed and any other relevant have been signed they will need to be sent to the mortgage company and land registry for approval.
Please let me know if you have any further questions regarding this.
Expert:  Harris replied 2 years ago.
Hi, this question remains open. Please rate my response positively if you found it helpful - I will not be credited for answering this question without a positive rating. Thank you!