How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Clare Your Own Question
Clare, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 35050
Experience:  I have been a solicitor in High Street Practice since 1985 with a wide general experience.
Type Your Law Question Here...
Clare is online now

Greetings..i have a dispute between my ex partner over the

This answer was rated:

greetings..i have a dispute between my ex partner over the house that we bought together over 15 year ago,we have a daughter she will be 20 name is ***** ***** the mortgage i borrowed £35,000 of my father for the deposit at the time he give me a bankers draught payable in her name..we separated over 12 years ago now when we parted she said as soon as my daughter become 18 i will have my half of the house money i agreed with her so 2014 i had a meeting with her and i asked her for £30,000 so i can move on with my life that was in august 14..last year i went to the house demanding that she start to pay me something soon, she as not try to contact me to sort anything out..i would like to know where i stand...charles murray
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
(Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Hi, thanks for your question.
Please confirm if you are married to her and if there was a formal agreement regarding the property?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
no im not married
Was there a formal agreement or deed of trust regarding the property and what were your contributions?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
i did not sign any
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
i always gave her money every week for the shopping and my child up bringing
HiMy name is ***** ***** there is a little more information needed for us to help you.How much is the house worth and how much is outstanding on the mortgage?What was the original purchase price?Why was your name not added to the deeds at the time of purchase?Can you prove that the money came from your father?
Clare, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 35050
Experience: I have been a solicitor in High Street Practice since 1985 with a wide general experience.
Clare and other Law Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
hi clare,i am not sure if she as remortgaged the house..its worth over £150,000 we brought the house for £62, my name is ***** ***** the deeds or mortgage..yes can prove that i got the money from my father
Do you remember why you didn't put your name on the deeds?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Please forget this foolishness....I asked you for some advice on Wednesday the 6th and today Sunday the 10th u are replying to my question....useless please don't take any money for my credit card....this is fraudulent behaviour
My apologies for the delayed response
However sometimes we need much more information to ensure that we give you the best answer possible.
I can offer a phone call if you would like - but what I can say is that in the situation you describe you have an excellent chance of arguing that you are indeed entitled to a share of the proceeds of sale and that there was an "implied trust" based on the fact that you gave so much money for the purchase and it was clearly understood between you over the years that this money would entitle you to a share of the house.
My only concern is that I do not understand why your name was not on the title deeds - but if there was a reason for that then all will be fine.
You will be able to make an applictaion to the Court using the Trusts of Land and Appointment of Trustees Act (TOLATA) to force the sale and establish what percentage you receive
IN the mean time you shoudl register your rights at the Land Registry
Please ask if you need more details