How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Harris Your Own Question
Harris, Law Specialist
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 2851
Experience:  Family Law - Specialist in Divorce, Financial Relief and Children Matters
Type Your Law Question Here...
Harris is online now

Social services recently wrote a document saying a friend of

This answer was rated:

Social services recently wrote a document saying a friend of mine was a historic drug user, she has never been a drug user has no convictions has never had a drugs test and they also looked at her medical records. The comments were made by an expartner over a child custody case is this libellous
Hi, thanks for your question.
If your ex-partner is making the allegations, the local authority have a duty to document it, but if they are using it as a basis for an unfavourable recommendation then they must carry out their own investigations to confirm the allegations.
Please let me know if you have any further questions regarding this.
Hi, this question remains open. Please rate my response positively if you found it helpful - I will not be credited for answering this question without a positive rating. Thank you!
Harris and other Law Specialists are ready to help you