How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Clare Your Own Question
Clare, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 35065
Experience:  I have been a solicitor in High Street Practice since 1985 with a wide general experience.
Type Your Law Question Here...
Clare is online now

In my father's Will I have been appointed Executor & Trustee.

This answer was rated:

In my father's Will I have been appointed Executor & Trustee. A clause in the Will states: "It is my wish that (xxxx firm of solicitors) or it's successors shall be employed to act as the solicitors in the administration of my estate."
The named firm were holding the Will for safe keeping prior to my father passing and have simply given me the document on his death, with no advice or requesting / offering to act.
I have obtained Probate myself and will be selling the house in the near future.
Do I HAVE to use this firm for conveyancing, or can I use my own chosen firm ?
HiThank you for your questionMy name is ***** ***** I shall do my best to help you.This is just an expressed wish and in fact you have already dealt with the Administration of the estate in any event.You can chose whichever solicitors you chose to deal with the saleI hope that this is of assistance - please ask if you need further detailsClare
Clare and 3 other Law Specialists are ready to help you