I have recently signed a lease commercial property. Prior

I have recently signed a lease for a commercial property.
Prior to this the landlord allowed us to use a small amount of the space to store a few small items. We were very much under the impression this was a goodwill gesture (free), however he has now given us a bill for more than the rental value.
Can he do this?
I am assuming due to there not being an agreement in place he can not charge a penny, however I am of course willing to contribute.
Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you.
Was it ever agreed you would be charged please?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Hi AlexSorry - I have not previously used this service and just wanted to check you got my previous message.Sorry if I'm being impatient.
Dont worry!
In that case the Landlord can NOT charge you. In order to charge there MUST be an agreement that there was going to be a charge, there was not.
The Landlord can't then turn round and say, oh here is a bill.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
That's brilliant, thank you so much.