How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Harris Your Own Question
Harris, Law Specialist
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 2851
Experience:  Family Law - Specialist in Divorce, Financial Relief and Children Matters
Type Your Law Question Here...
Harris is online now

I am currently in a very difficult and upsetting situation,

This answer was rated:

Hi, I am currently in a very difficult and upsetting situation, My wife left me and moved to another city with our two small children, she has changed her number and now removed me from face book so I have now no way of contacting her and the children to see if they are Okay, she has also moved them into a new school which the old school informed me about as I have kept in touch with the school this has all happened within a week, before breaking contact she informed me she was going to come into our home at some point and take everything she can, My main question would be can she do this and to ask any advice you may have about what I should do next to help me gain contact with my children.
Hi, thanks for your question.
When did this happen? Briefly, if you were married at the time of the children's birth you have parental responsibility which means that she needs to consult you and obtain your consent for such a move. If you do not consent to this then she would have needed to apply to court for permission to relocate within the UK and change the children's school.
In the circumstances I would suggest that you urgently make an application under Form C100 (with a £215 court fee) to your local family court for a Specific Issue Order to return the children to your area and their previous school. At the same time you can consider making an application on the same form for a child arrangement order for the children to live with you. This can be done on an urgent basis and you can go before a judge on the day you attend court to issue the application.
Once the application has been issued you would need to serve her with this, and any orders made. A process server can assist with locating her and serving her with the application.
Please let me know if you have any further questions regarding this.
Harris and other Law Specialists are ready to help you