How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Harris Your Own Question
Harris, Law Specialist
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 2851
Experience:  Family Law - Specialist in Divorce, Financial Relief and Children Matters
Type Your Law Question Here...
Harris is online now

My former wife ( Moroccan) wishes to take the boys to see her

This answer was rated:

My former wife ( Moroccan) wishes to take the boys to see her family for 10 days at half term. we were divorced in December 2014
We have joint custody and I have a caveat on the passports until they are 16 years of age.( they are 12 and 8 years at present)
From the divorce settlement , my wife was granted the mortgage free fully furnished house
in AGADIR, Morocco.
I have been in touch with the passport office and the child abduction office in London, who state that Morocco is not under the Hague convention.
My solicitor who dealt with the divorce is not a specialist on child abduction , but we are both very suspicious of her motives and feel she may not come back with them, as she has greater incentive to stay there.
She insists on having the passports, which I am objecting to as once they are in the country , it will be hard to get them back to the uk ( they were both born here.
my name is ***** ***** Almond
Tel- 01994.231145
I would appreciate some advice.
Thank you
Hi, thanks for your question.
If you do not provide consent to the travel then it would be for her to make an application to court for a specific issue order and for the court to decide what is in the children's best interests.
You are correct in stating that if she does not return them from Morocco then it will be difficult to get them back to the UK and this would be a strong reason not to allow the trip.
If you have concerns that she may have other travel documents for them or that she may have applied for other passports then you can make an immediate and urgent application for a prohibited steps order under form C100 to your local family court together with a £215 court fee.
Please let me know if you have any further questions regarding this.
Harris and other Law Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
This is no different to what I already Knew.
Your question did not specify what you required information on so I have elaborated the position. Please do let me know what you require clarification so that I can expand on my response