How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Aston Lawyer Your Own Question
Aston Lawyer
Aston Lawyer, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 10732
Experience:  Solicitor LLB (Hons) 23 years of experience in Conveyancing and Property Law
Type Your Law Question Here...
Aston Lawyer is online now

My father-in-law is in Residential care and we are renting

Customer Question

My father-in-law is in Residential care and we are renting his property out to help pay his fees. If he passes away, can we (as a family) carry on with the rental agreement?
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Law
Expert:  Aston Lawyer replied 2 years ago.
Hello and thanks for using Just Answer.
My name is ***** ***** am happy to assist you with your enquiry.
Any Tenancy Agreement already signed by your father-in-law would continue even if he were to die, as the Tenant has security under it.
Any Tenancy Agreement entered into after your father in law died is permissible and would need to be signed by his Executor(s) if he had made a Will or his next of kin if he had not made a Will.
So, yes, you could carry on renting out the property if anything were to happen to your father in law.
I hope this assists and answers your question.
Kind Regards
Expert:  Aston Lawyer replied 2 years ago.
Can I assist you any further?
If not, I would be grateful if you could rate my answer.
Kind Regards