How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Ash Your Own Question
Ash, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 10916
Experience:  Solicitor with 5+ years experience
Type Your Law Question Here...
Ash is online now

My car insurance policy Is full cmprenhensive with exess

Customer Question

hi,my car insurance policy Is full cmprenhensive with exess of 3000 I been involved in a car accident wich is coused by my fault. another part is claming huge amount of money,while am not asking anything for my car.. do I have to pay for the first 3000gbp to the other side becose of my voluntary acsses? or its coverd by my insurance policy? and was it legal by my insurance broker to sell the policy of 3000 volountary exess even if my car value is only 1500gbp? and that exess is for third part as well ,not only my vehicle exess. kind regrads
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Law
Expert:  Ash replied 2 years ago.
Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you.
Yes you would have to. This is because whatever your insurance pays out, you would pay the first £3000, as this is the excess. So if the insurers are going to pay out over £3000 you would be responsible for that first amount.
Can I clarify anything for you about this today please?
Expert:  Ash replied 2 years ago.
If this answers your question could I invite you rate my answer before you leave today.
I am only paid for my work on this question if you rate my answer, using the star system at the top of the screen.  Please do not forget!  Thank you.
Please bookmark my profile if you wish for future help: