How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Jo C. Your Own Question
Jo C.
Jo C., Barrister
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 32086
Experience:  Over 5 years in practice
Type Your Law Question Here...
Jo C. is online now

My mother died August 15, I wrote to solicitors acting on behalf

Customer Question

My mother died August 15, I wrote to solicitors acting on behalf of beneficiary, and asked for file notes, and outstanding debt, for car that was paid by me, to be repaid. This was verbal and would be funded from house sale. I asked that this matter be dealt with before probate. Solicitor regecting claim, all assets to my sister, excluding her other two children. As online will made less than a year before her death due to overuse of alcohol, I wanted file notes, to decide if to contest. No written reply from solicitors firm, but verbally told, probate granted and house on market.
Where do I go from here? As you can tell, I have no relationship with sister, and as my sister knows, this goes against what we all knew. Before,mums mental capacity was in question, when it became clear, life expectancy short.
I live in England, but had regular contact will mum.
I have doubts re firm involved, as no acknowledgement, and resistant.
Where do I stand? I can prove I funded car solicitor says car no or little
Value, no assets except house which claim is made against car I I should sue my sister, as she claims it to be a gift
What is your advice?
Can u help, not the money but she refuses to give any sentimental
Item, this is not mum I know.
What would you advise, re claim and I think the conduct firm
Questionable, to how the did not respond to my letters.
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Law
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I considering if firm did not respond if law society involvement an optionWill States "executors to pay all my debts "How long under Scottish law do you have to make a civil claim against an individual ? Sexual assalt, police investigation, decided not to preceded as I was patient in hospital, in my own room, male nurse to give strong medication. Claim individual not NHS.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Rather talk than type
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
(Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
01946 592616
Expert:  Nicola-mod replied 2 years ago.
I've been working hard to find a Professional to assist you with your question, but sometimes finding the right Professional can take a little longer than expected.
I wonder whether you're ok with continuing to wait for an answer. If you are, please let me know and I will continue my search. If not, feel free to let me know and I will cancel this question for you.
Thank you!