How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask UKSolicitorJA Your Own Question
UKSolicitorJA, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 4312
Experience:  English solicitor with over 12 years experience
Type Your Law Question Here...
UKSolicitorJA is online now

I have a child with a Britih passport. I am living

Customer Question

I have a child with a Britih passport. I am living in UK more than 7 years. How can I apply for a naturalisation?do I have to pass Live in UK test, to have prove for English language skills, to have 2 people sighning for me?
I am working for one and the same employeer all these 7 years.What documents I need?
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Law
Expert:  UKSolicitorJA replied 2 years ago.
What visa are you currently on and are you married to a British Citizen?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I am Bulgarian and I also have a document from Home office for permanent residence
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
No,I am not married to a British citizen
Expert:  UKSolicitorJA replied 2 years ago.
Thank you.
If you got permanent residency more than 12 months ago, you may apply for British Citizenship straight away. You need to pass the Life in the UK test and English language test unless you are over 65 years.
You will need 2 referees , at least one of whom or both should be British Citizens and who know you for more than 3 years.
The application process is set out here
All the best