How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Jo C. Your Own Question
Jo C.
Jo C., Barrister
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 32086
Experience:  Over 5 years in practice
Type Your Law Question Here...
Jo C. is online now

My Father Mr Bernard ********** bought my house

Customer Question

My Father Mr Bernard ********** bought my house in December 2005 in his friend's name Mr J Deutsch who lives in Israel. When I moved in with my 2 children he began signing the Tenancy Agreements as 'J Deutsch' under an 'English address'.
I receive Housing Benefit to my bank account and pay my rent to Mr J Deutsch whom unfortunately had not been consulted prior to my Father buying the house and I've since found out from Mrs Deutsch that my Father had said he'd sold all his properties and closed Mr Deutsch's accounts.
I cut off ties with my Father on 30 November after he split from my Mother as he's been controlling and abusive to me all my life.
My Father told me he wanted the house to be mine one day and made me pay for all repairs on the house and pay Buildings Insurance every year to Mr Kruskal on Princes Park Avenue and asked me to get a receipt to 'Mr J Deutsch'.
In August this year my Father asked me to transfer as much of my money as I can (which he has made me save in his bank accounts over the years as he told me to put 'no' for savings on my benefits too! He's a very bad man!)
I transferred two lots of £25,000 from my Father's account to Mr Deutsch's account and my Father said he'd paid off the mortgage and is putting the house in my daughter's name.
My Father never did this! He's constantly requested me to send an e mail to say he didn't abuse me which my Mother correctly alleges in her Statement to the Court against him. My Mother obtained a Non Molestation Order and Restraint Order against him on 13 November 2015.
I'm very upset about this.
Since I cut off ties with my Father on 30 November, he's ordered new bank cards for his bank accounts that has my savings in. (He'd once made me Power of Attorney over them and I'm not sure this still stands).
I also have Power of Attorney over my Father and J Deutsch he said I could put the house in my name one day but badly advised me to continue claiming Housing Benefit which I didn't want to do.
On 6 December 2015 he shouted through my letterbox 'Tomorrow I'm going to a Solicitor and I'm selling your house. You're out! Goodbye' and sent a text thereafter confirming that.
I am very concerned. I've cut off from my Father. The Tenancy Agreement expired on 16.12.15, yet Housing Benefit still continue to pay me and I continue to pay my rent (which my Father pockets!)
I have just managed to take control of another aspect of my life. I went to my GP on 2 December 2015 expaining that my Father had told me to 'keep taking out prescriptions' to make me look very ill and continue claiming Disability Living Allowance. My Father said you can't claim without being on medication.
Because of all this stress I began taking antidepressants which disagreed with me on 14 December 2015. On 17 December I fainted at a meeting about my disabled daughter and went into A&E and told them all about the abuse (following an admission on 12 December after I'd alerted Police). My daughter was in Emergency Care for a week.
A week after that on 31 December I called Police panicking that an 'ee' bill had arrived at my address, addressed to Mr B Aussenberg, my Father.
I was very distressed and my daughter was taken into Police Protection for 72 hours and is still in care whilst I regain my equilibrium.
I saw a Psychiatrist on Friday and explained I feel I need to come off the antidepressants and would like to continue my counselling at MIND which I've been to for nearly 2 years.
But I feel I need a Solicitor to help get me out from my Father's grip.
He abused me and my siblings especially my brother's terribly as children, hit us, beat us and always said he was right! We never had a mind and were never guided correctly.
I'm sick of him and am trying to rebuilding my life which has been extremely difficult.
I hope you can help.
Police have advised I get a lawyer and so has my Rabbi!!
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Law
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
No one has responded yet
Expert:  Nicola-mod replied 2 years ago.
I've been working hard to find a Professional to assist you with your question, but sometimes finding the right Professional can take a little longer than expected.
I wonder whether you're ok with continuing to wait for an answer. If you are, please let me know and I will continue my search. If not, feel free to let me know and I will cancel this question for you.
Thank you!
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Yes please. Thank you
Expert:  Nicola-mod replied 2 years ago.
We will continue to look for a Professional to assist you.
Thank you for your patience,