How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Alice H Your Own Question
Alice H
Alice H, Solicitor/Partner
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 2850
Experience:  Partner in national law firm
Type Your Law Question Here...
Alice H is online now

I installed a security video system in response to ongoing

This answer was rated:

I installed a security video system in response to ongoing damage and abuse of my property. I now have video captured evidence of my neighbour damaging my fencing, throwing stones on roadways such as to cause injury to the feet of my animals when passing along the road, interfering with my gates such as to cause my animals to be diverted in wrong direction and discharging tankers of watery slurry on to the road such as to erode the road surface and cause further injury to my cattle. What can I do?
My name is ***** ***** I am happy to help you today. There are a few issues involved - would you prefer a telephone call?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Please, I would prefer answers by mail. Thank you
No problem at all. Firstly, damaging your fence, theories stones, causing injury to your animals is a criminal offence and should be reported to the police for investigation. Several offences come to mind - criminal damage, harassment and animal cruelty come to mind. If the police are unable to take action or seem reluctant you, you can start a private prosecution yourself but will need a solicitors assistance to prepare the papers for court. Secondly, you may have a claim for compensation against your neighbour for the damage and loss you have suffered. This claim would be made through the County Court. In addition to compensation you can also obtain an injunction stopping your neighbour from carrying on with this behaviour - breach of such an order could result in your neighbours arrest and imprisonment for contempt of court.
May I assist any further? I am only paid for my work on this question if you rate my answer, using the star system at the top of the screen. Please do not forget! Thank you
Alice H and other Law Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Dear *****,
Your answers are sufficient for now. I will consider discussing the issues and taking legal advice from a solicitor.I needed reassurance which your response has given me.Many thanks & Kind regards.William
My pleasure. I am a Solicitor based in London so if you need any further assistance, please do let me know.