Buachaill, Barrister
Experience:  Barrister 17 years experience

I am married to a EU national, I have a residence card

Hi, I am married to a EU national, I have a residence card (5year) that expires 21 Nov 16, at what stage before it expires can i start to apply for my citizenship?
1 Can you better explain the situation. Did you live in the UK on an EEA/EU Family Permit for six months before you go the 5 year residence card? On what date did you first come to the UK and on what visa?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Hi, yes I had a VISA EEA FP
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Before I got my VISA EEA FP, I visited for 6months on a normal visitors visa
2. Dear Henk, Once you are five years in the UK that is on 22 June, 2016, you can apply for settlement in the UK. This gives Indefinite Leave to REmain. Then after one year of Indefinite Leave to Remain, you can apply for UK citizenship. So you should have citizenship in 18 months time.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Thank you very much for your help
3. You are welcome!