How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Clare Your Own Question
Clare, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 34897
Experience:  I have been a solicitor in High Street Practice since 1985 with a wide general experience.
Type Your Law Question Here...
Clare is online now

I want to evict my civil partner. I have given him notice to

This answer was rated:

I want to evict my civil partner. I have given him notice to vacate on or by 31st January.
We have separate rooms in a 1 bed roomed flat. He says that he will not leave without an eviction notice. Our relationship has broken down completely.
How do I go about getting an eviction order and getting it served.
Thank you for your question.
My name is Clare
I will do my best to help you but I need some further information first.
Who owns the property?
When did you give him notice?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Corporation of Sity of London owns the property. problem arise that I added him much later to the lease.
I have the original lease on an assured tenancy.
I gave him notice on 10/12/15
I am sorry - do you mean that he is now a named tenant?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Possibly. But I have had him removed by the police on a previous incident
The issue of whether or not he is on the tenancy is crucial.When was the last incidence of violence and are there any chidlren involved?
Clare and other Law Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
he is on the tenancy .there are no children involved. After the last incident I tried to get his name removed but the Corporation said that he had to ask for it to be removed