How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Jenny Your Own Question
Jenny, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 6466
Experience:  Qualified Solicitor specialising in Employment Law and general legal matters. Please start your question For Jenny Only
Type Your Law Question Here...
Jenny is online now

How do I deal with cheques marked refer to drawer and stopped

This answer was rated:

How do I deal with cheques marked refer to drawer and stopped cheques for goods already supplied?
Hello my name is ***** ***** I am happy to help you today. Is this in the course of business transactions? Please can you explain the situation in more detail?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
My colleague is Italian, but lives in UK. He is the Managing Director of our company, but although his English is good, he has given me authority to ask regarding our issue. "How do we deal with cheques marked 'STOPPED' and 'Refer to Drawer' for goods supplied,but are outwith the returns criteria?
In this situation do you have the names and addresses of the customers?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Yes we have
That's great news. You can take action to recover the money from them in breach of contract in that case. You should write to them to inform them that the cheque has bounced and ask them to pay you within 7 days or you will issue proceedings against them in breach of contract. If they do not pay then you can issue a small claim against them at there anything further you would like to know?
Jenny and 4 other Law Specialists are ready to help you