How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Ash Your Own Question
Ash, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 10916
Experience:  Solicitor with 5+ years experience
Type Your Law Question Here...
Ash is online now

I was in a brief relationship (less than 6 months) and had

This answer was rated:

i was in a brief relationship (less than 6 months) and had let my girlfriend have use of my tv entertainment system until i found new accomadation.
i was going to her house and thought that made sense but now we have split up she says she will keep this and wont let me have it back how do i go about getting my property back?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
may i ask if small claims court is the route to take if so how do i make a claim?
Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you.
You need to write and set out your losses and request a delivery within 14 days or say you will go to Court within 14 days. You should make sure you send this signed delivery and keep a copy.
If they do not deliver you then you can issue proceedings in the County Court. You can either do this online at:  or by completing form N1 and take it to your local County Court.
The Court will then issue a claim which a copy will be sent to the Defendant who will have a limited time to defend it, if not you can enter Judgment and enforce.
To be clear you are asking the Court that they deliver up your goods.
Can I clarify anything for you about this today please?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
thank you if the the claim takes time and there is possibilty that my belongings ie TV system get damaged whilst in possession with my x girlfriend may i simply ask the court for cost to replace the system?
Yes you can do so.
Does that clarify?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
yes thank you very much
Good luck!
If this answers your question could I invite you rate my answer before you leave today.
I am only paid for my work on this question if you rate my answer, using the star system at the top of the screen.  Please do not forget!  Thank you.
Please bookmark my profile if you wish for future help:
Ash and other Law Specialists are ready to help you