How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Clare Your Own Question
Clare, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 34908
Experience:  I have been a solicitor in High Street Practice since 1985 with a wide general experience.
Type Your Law Question Here...
Clare is online now

My name is***** am a Srilankan 34 and my partner

This answer was rated:

Hi ,my name is***** am a Srilankan 34 and my partner is British , she suffers from depression for 16 years ,we met 2 years and 2 months a age and have a beautiful son of 8 months.we live in Srilanka from the beginning.she wanted to visit immediate family In I am the only financial provider ,I help to get there .but I didn't go ,she was due return on 22 new December 2015 as it's our first Christmas with our son .but she never took the flight and didn't reschedule .she is not giving me a return date and barely let me see my son on face son was born in Srilanka and holds a Srilankan birth certificate and passport.she is financially zero! And in profession .she has applied for a British pp.i am pretty sure she is over staying our sons visa.what are my options?
Thank you for your question.
My name is ***** ***** I will do my best to help you
Under the Hague Convention on abducted chidlren, which both Sri Lanka and the UK have signed, you are entitled to apply to the UK courts for the return of your child to Sri Lanka since he is being retained here without your agreement.
You can contact this charity
who will assist you with the process
Please ask if you need further details
Clare and other Law Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
we are not married .also i used to live in uk from 2000 to 2011 .on 2006 i sent my passport and college certificates for visa rental and it never came back .when i phoned the home office they said they never received it ,as at the time srilanka was in heavy battles with the ltte tigers and was too scared to go back and just one year after the tsunami ,also i was financialy low as i was a student living in london alone .i applied for visa couple times but was rejected ,can i fight the court case from srilanka or do they have to give me a visa .also as my son is held in uk do i have right to get free legal aid ?hiow long will the court case may last and what would it cost eventually (i don't want to start something and not be able to afford it :-(
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
"visa renewal "
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
so i ended up over staying my visa for 6 years
Speak to REunite - they will be able to give you some assistance - and yes you would get a visa for the case