How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Jenny Your Own Question
Jenny, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 6459
Experience:  Qualified Solicitor specialising in Employment Law and general legal matters. Please start your question For Jenny Only
Type Your Law Question Here...
Jenny is online now

A man from Marston Holdings Ltd. came to my house on Dec. 7,

Customer Question

A man from Marston Holdings Ltd. came to my house on Dec. 7, 2015 at 8PM demanding to see my daughter who lives in London. I was on my own and very scared but he insisted that I should either call or text my daughter who at that time was watching a show but I sent her a text that a man is demanding to speak to her regarding an unpaid fine asking for £911.50. As expected, I didn't get and answer from her but the man said if I don't pay, he'll get some of my goods. Just because my daughter gave my address, it meant that I also have to pau for the fine, he said. I gave in and paid the £911.50 by card. Then, he left. My daughter sent me a text after her show and said that she already paid that fine.
The next morning, my daughter found the receipt and letter that she's already paid the fine. My daughter has to ring Leicester Magistrate and I also went but they gave a case for my daughter to ring and was told for her to go to London Magistrate and now she was told to go to Leicester Magistrate for a court hearing on the 26th Jan., 2016. I don't understand that she's got the receipt that she paid the fine, why can't they just give me back my £911.50. Our Christmas was ruined as we're thinking of going away. I just wonder if anyone can help without costing me more money and getting my £911.50. Thanks.
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Law
Expert:  Jenny replied 2 years ago.
Hello my name is ***** ***** I am happy to help you today. Have you asked for the money back?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Yes please
Expert:  Jenny replied 2 years ago.
if the company was not entitled to take the money from you then they should refund you the full amount. If they have refused to do so you should send them a letter before action asking them to refund you the entire amount within 14 days and say if they do not do so you will lodge a small claim against them. Hopefully they will then refund you. If they do not then you can lodge a claim online at you can demonstrate that your daughter had already paid they will be ordered to refund your money. If you have any further questions please ask. If I have answered your question I would be grateful if you would take the time to rate my answer. Thank you and all the best.
Expert:  Jenny replied 2 years ago.
Hello is there anything further you would like to know about this?