How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Jenny Your Own Question
Jenny, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 6428
Experience:  Qualified Solicitor specialising in Employment Law and general legal matters. Please start your question For Jenny Only
Type Your Law Question Here...
Jenny is online now

I have had a ccj issued in default against me that i didn't

This answer was rated:

i have had a ccj issued in default against me that i didn't have any communication regarding - its for an item that is faulty and i had been led to believe a repair was being sorted by the company. I am wondering if i dispute the claim and it gets took back to court but I lose do i still get a 30 day period to get the ccj removed from my credit file or would the original file date stand and id be left with just being able to mark the judgment as satisfied rather than removed from my credit file -
Unsure if its worth disputing as i only have verbal no written proof from company of damage dispute - Id rather just pay the debt within the 30 day period and get the ccj removed off my credit file.
Hello my name is***** am a solicitor and I am happy to help you today. Are you saying that you did not receive a notice of claim in the first place?
Jenny and other Law Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Should have said were a ltd company - but no i haven't received any paperwork but think this may be a communication problem my end - we have an accountant that is the company registered address whom hasn't been passing letters etc onto us - they claim they haven't received anything however i think they most likely have. The first i knew of the ccj was a supplier advising it had gone on our credit file.I have today filed with companies house to change the address to my home address