How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Ash Your Own Question
Ash, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 10916
Experience:  Solicitor with 5+ years experience
Type Your Law Question Here...
Ash is online now

After making an on-line purchase,an offervof a "free" gift

This answer was rated:

after making an on-line purchase,an offervof a "free" gift came up to choose from a listi chose one and it said pay postage I took up this "free" gift offer. the when checking my bank statement awhile later I noticedthe u s co' that made the offer had taken two payments in excess of$100/ I contacted my bank to stop anymoe withdrawals. now I've received a letter from the u s co' wanting two payments of £129.00,which I will \\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\2never"pay. surley this practise can't be legal?
My name is ***** ***** I am happy to help you today. Can I just confirm that the payments were cancelled and you are not out of pocket?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I am out of pocket, before I was able to contact my bank to stop paying they took 1) on19oct' 15 £86;00
" " 2) on16nov'15 £87:34p
" " 3) on29dec'15 £89;26p
kind regards
joe mooney.
Hello Joe my name is ***** ***** I will help you.
Who did you pay please?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I paid, Derma ProMedics,p o box754,Milyon Keynes UK MK11 9GQ.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
freephone0203 129046
You need to write and set out your losses and request a refund within 14 days or say you will go to Court within 14 days. You should make sure you send this signed delivery and keep a copy.
If they do not refund you then you can issue proceedings in the County Court. You can either do this online at: or by completing form N1 and take it to your local County Court.
The Court will then issue a claim which a copy will be sent to the Defendant who will have a limited time to defend it, if not you can enter Judgment and enforce.
If the claim is for £10,000 or less it will be a small claim so you will not need legal representation. Over this value you would need representation for trial.
Can I clarify anything for you about this today please?
Ash, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 10916
Experience: Solicitor with 5+ years experience
Ash and other Law Specialists are ready to help you