I paid someone three sums of money in error which he

I paid someone three sums of money in error which he acknowledged were in error. Is he obliged to refund the money?
Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you.
-Could you explain your situation a little more?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
These were regular monthly payments set up by Bankers Standing Order. Due to a mix-up in the Standing Order arrangements, three payments were made in error after the monthly liability had ceased.
Yes they have a duty to refund them. You need to write and set out your losses and request a refund within 14 days or say you will go to Court within 14 days. You should make sure you send this signed delivery and keep a copy.
If they do not refund you then you can issue proceedings in the County Court. You can either do this online at:  or by completing form N1 and take it to your local County Court.
The Court will then issue a claim which a copy will be sent to the Defendant who will have a limited time to defend it, if not you can enter Judgment and enforce.
If the claim is for £10,000 or less it will be a small claim so you will not need legal representation. Over this value you would need representation for trial.